If you want to make an allegation that a councillor has breached the Code of Conduct it is best to use our Online Complaints Form.  

Alternatively you can:

  • Download and print a copy of the form (below) and post the completed form to us at the address shown.
  • You can also have a form posted to you by telephoning 028 9023 3821, or 0800 343424 (Freephone).

You will need to provide your name and contact details.  You can make a complaint on behalf of somebody else, but if so you must give their name and address.

Generally we will only investigate if you make the allegation within six months of the incident.

You should also try and provide some evidence that supports your allegation.  This may include letters, emails, photographs, social media content, or video or audio recordings.  If you have any witnesses please also provide their details.

If you are worried about making a complaint, need help making the complaint, or have any other questions, we are here to help.

Guidance notes

Read the full Guidance Notes before completing the complaint form.

Before you make a complaint:

  • Check it is about a councillor and not a local council
  • Look to see if you have any evidence which might help us assess your allegations